Pages

Feb 9, 2011

Fantasize

Thought an update on my fantasy life was in order.
1. After last year's regular season, Steven proposed a fantasy playoffs. The object was to pick players from teams in the playoffs, and count the number of points scored by your players. The trick was obviously placing value based on a players expected number of games versus their scoring ability. Was Sasha Vujacic of the Lakers (made it to Finals) more valuable than Derrick Rose of the Bulls (first round exit)?
Well, long story short, I won! $100, in my bank account. This Vegas trip in June can't come soon enough.

2. This year's team has been up and down. I was doing very well earlier in the season, even first place at one point, but I've lost several weeks in a row to drop below .500. Who are my players? Glad you asked:

  • Amar'e - Did you expect anything else?
  • Eric Gordon - One of my favorite anecdotes about him is that he portrayed Michael Jordon's son in the movie Space Jam. Except this story appears to be false. The actor who played Jordan's son was indeed named Eric Gordon, but our man has denied that he is the same person. Regardless, he'll always be my "Baby Jordan".
  • Brandon Jennings - love his game, just an all around baller. He's been hurt for a while, just starting to become productive again.
  • Kevin Martin - solid points, 3's, percentages. Decent to good fantasy player.
  • Brandon Roy - good lord, I grabbed him with my second pick? Not sure if he started 10 games this year.
  • Michael Beasley - sometimes good, usually not.
  • Darko Milicic - a poor man's Andrew Bogut. No wonder he fell all the way to #2 in the draft.
  • Serge Ibaka - occasionally blocks a lot of shots. Pretty pleased with this late pick up.
  • Mo Williams - the Cavs are in the midst of a 26 game losing streak. That is not a typo. Also, I went to the Lakers Cavs game this season, where we beat them by 55 points. Also not a typo.
  • Everyone else on my team is garbage and not worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment